Criminal Defence Lawyers Glasgow, Scotland: The Glasgow Law Practice
Welcome to The Glasgow Law Practice. Our Criminal Defence Lawyers, based in Glasgow City Centre, Baillieston, Cambuslang and Muirhead, are recognised for their outstanding criminal law expertise. If you have been charged with a crime in Glasgow and require legal advice, we can help.
The Glasgow Law Practice Criminal Defence team has been representing the accused in courts throughout Scotland since 1985. Our solicitors have over 50 years cumulative experience in all aspects of criminal defence work and extensive experience in dealing with all types of prosecutions brought before the Scottish criminal courts.
We provide a full range of services for all types of court cases including:
- Road Traffic Act offences
- Citations served for forthcoming court appearances
- Attendances with clients in custody in police stations
- Attending police interviews with clients
- Attending Identification Parades
- Children’s Panel Referrals to the Sheriff Court
Top 10 Reasons to Choose GLP Crime to Represent You:-
1. We have over 30 years combined experience of appearing in the criminal courts in Glasgow and elsewhere in Scotland.
2. We appear in court everyday. We have a working knowledge of the Judges, Sheriffs, Magistrates and Procurator Fiscals. In many cases this can be a big advantage.
3. Our Solicitors and Solicitor Advocates can represent clients at every level of the courts in Scotland.
4. In every case the first 30 minute appointment is free. This initial diagnostic meeting will provide you with all the information you need to decide how to progress your case.
5. We deal with all types of criminal court case. From minor matters in the district court to high level, complex matters before the High Court. We understand the importance of each individual case.
6. In every case one of the Partners of the firm will have responsibility for the preparation and conduct of the case. You will have one port of call to discuss your case.
7. We use modern technology to keep in touch regarding the progress of your case. We now regularly use Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, FaceTime and Skype. We update via SMS Text Message. If a person is in custody we regularly visit personally or use video link technology.
8. We offer legal aid in the majority of cases. If a person does not qualify for legal aid we can arrange a private fee. This can be based on an hourly rate or more frequently we will arrange a fixed block fee. Private fees can be paid monthly by standing order arranged via our finance office. This allows clients to spread the cost.
9. We try our very best to be approachable and easy to talk to. We appreciate facing a criminal charge is stressful. We are straight talking and try to cut out legal jargon wherever possible. We tell you what you need to know quickly.
10. We win. We get people bail. We are successful in trials. We win Appeals. We keep peoples driving licences. We limit the damage where things look impossible. We persuade the Procurator Fiscal not to prosecute further when it is right to do so. We get results.
24 Hour Criminal Legal Assistance
We understand that being accused of a crime is a stressful experience. That’s why we provide 24 hour assistance for emergencies and effective representation should you require to appear before any court.
Legal Aid Solicitors Glasgow
We are members of The Law Society of Scotland and are registered to provide Legal Aid by The Scottish Legal Aid Board. Legal Aid may be available in many cases.
Criminal Defence Lawyers Glasgow Scotland
Contact Us Now - It’s never too soon to get in touch. Call our leading criminal solicitor Ross Yuill on 0141 413 4288 or use our online enquiry form. Our solicitors will deal with your enquiry in the strictest of confidence.